Lancia Beta / 15/20HP (1909)
|Engine||3118.81 cc straight-4 34 hp|
|Wheelbase||293 cm (115.4 in)|
|Curb weight||780 kg (1,720 lb)|
- Engine : Type 54 ; front engine, longitudinal, 4 cylinders in line , the cylinder block (in cast iron ), bore 95 mm, stroke 110 mm, total displacement 3118.81 cm³ , cylinder head fixed, solid alloy d ' aluminum , distribution to parallel side valves (2 valves per cylinder) controlled by alateral camshaft (in the crankcase) driven by gears; crankshaft on three supports; compression ratio 5: 1,maximum power 34 hp at 1,500 rpm; drop feed ( carburetorvertical Two-stage lance, preheated by radiator water); high voltage magnet ignition ( Bosch ) with manually adjustable advance value; forced lubrication, with pump; capacity of the lubrication circuit 10 liters; water cooling with honeycomb radiator.
- Transmission : shaft with cardan joints , traction on the rear wheels; multi- plate clutch in oil bath; 4-speed gearbox ( light alloy box) plus reverse with side lever control; gear ratios: 3.891: 1 in first, 2.381: 1 in second, 1.618: 1 in third, direct drive (1: 1) in fourth, 3.268: 1 in reverse; final reduction ratio (bevel gears) 3,267: 1 (15/49)
- Suspensions : front with rigid axle and semi-elliptical longitudinal leaf springs, rear with rigid axle with longitudinal leaf springs with 3/4 ellipse
- Brakes : foot brake (mechanical) acting on the transmission and hand brake (mechanical) acting on the rear wheels
- Wheels and tires : wooden wheels (spoked), 810 x 90 or 815 x 105 or 820 x 120 tires
- Steering : right-hand drive position; steering screw and wheel.
- Frame : steel , with side members and cross members; wheelbase 293.2 cm, front track 133 cm rear track 133 cm; length and width of the frame 399.6 cm and 161.5 cm respectively; chassis weight, in running order 780 kg.
- Performance : top speed 95 km / h (max speed in the various gears: 24 km / h in 1st, 40 km / h in 2nd, 60 km / h in 3rd, 95 km / h in 4th)